Monday, September 12, 2011

To FCIS'12, Concerning Graduation Projects

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

A year ago I was there, searching for an idea for the graduation project. I remember that our team was the best team on earth to prepare long lists of GP ideas and topics to search for, but worst one to choose a single idea from them!
The million-ideas-list we made was full of repeated topics like speech recognition, OCR, some mobile applications, some killed-in-research computer vision ideas, ...
I won't list them here, and if you want to take a look you can contact me to send them.

I was VERY interested in only 2 ideas: an online IDE, and something like Teddy (discussed later).
If I was the only member in my team, I would have worked on the Teddy one, that's why it's important to choose team members who have common interests with you.

Before I talk about Teddy, you may want to take a look here, and here, for some useful points, or see this if you want your project to be part of a bigger theme or topic. This post also contains some useful advices.

Now, what is Teddy?
Teddy is a sketch-based 3D modeling software. You can make interesting 3D models just by drawing freeform strokes. See this video demonstrating the idea, or try its applet on your browser.
A newer version of Teddy is SmoothTeddy which added texture painting feature and smoother surfaces construction instead of rough meshes constructed by its ancestor Teddy.

Interesting, right? :)
If you found yourself interested in working on a project similar to Teddy or SmoothTeddy, let me know please.

2 comments: